Sapiens is a platform dedicated for buoying up inspirational stories and ideas worth disseminating — hence we share some basic ground rules around privacy, consideration and the rights of creators as well as presenters. If you're interested in using a Sapiens Talk in any capacity like projects, presentations, dissertations you should first take a look at our basic guidelines right here.
Sapiens Talks Usage Policy
At Sapiens, our intention is to spread awareness about the extraordinary stories that float around us. We encourage our community, non-profit organizations, bloggers, companies news media, and the like to share Sapiens Talks that are open for distribution, through social media, other platforms, and public events. With keeping the theme of idea dissemination in mind, we at Sapiens do license our content under certain conditions listed below.
Talks under Creative Commons License
Commercial usage: Using a Sapiens Talk in any commercial capacity requires a license. Please fill out the following media licensing request form to inquire about licensing Sapiens content.
Non-commercial usage: We encourage you to share Sapiens Talks that are licensed for distribution under our Creative Commons license, Attribution–Noncommercial–Noderivatives (or the CC BY – NC – ND 4.0 International) which means it may be shared by following a few requirements. Certain Talks that are licensed to Sapiens such as performances and or other talks that we have shared but not created may not be distributed.
- Attribute Sapiens as the owner of the Sapiens Talk and include a link to the talk, but do not include any text that shows Sapiens endorses your website or platform.
- You shall not use the Sapiens site content for any commercial purposes, for sale, sublicense or in an app of any kind for any advertising, or in exchange for payment of any kind.
- You may not add or subtract furthermore restrictions that are provided regarding the Sapiens site content.
Embedding Sapiens Talks on your blog or site:
- Type of site/company: Bloggers, news/information websites and nonprofits (by which we mean: registered Section 8 Company, under the Companies Act, 2013, and the equivalent in all other countries), may share one or more Sapiens Talks under a Creative Commons (CC) license, provided that they follow the rest of the guidelines on this page and sharing the Sapiens Talks is not the central purpose of your site. This means that we expect the usage under Creative Commons to be one to spread the word, not to use Sapiens Talks as the main content for your site, which provides revenue or other sources of income that relies on content we are providing. If you are interested in licensing Sapiens Talks for other purposes, or for more regular usage, please contact us for more details.
- Transcripts and subtitles may be used under the same Creative Commons license in conjunction with the Sapiens Talk video. Copyright on the transcripts is owned by Sapiens and any edits, different usage rights or changes to these documents are not permitted without proper permission. If you want Sapiens to publish a Sapiens Talk in a book, test, play, or in any other form, permission is required.
- Video player: You must use the Sapiens embeddable player. This allows us to further our overall mission by tracking video usage. Scraping video from Sapiens.com is not allowed.
- Attribution: You must add a visible link back to Sapiens.com
- Running talks in their entirety: You may not edit Sapiens Talks, or alter them in any way. This is essential for preserving the integrity of the speaker's ideas.
Sapiens Talks for for-profit organizations
Commercial applications of Sapiens Talks require a license. Organizations looking to embed or hyperlink Sapiens content in contexts that include (but are not limited to) internal communications, employee training materials, and company websites must inquire about licensing Sapiens Talks. Licenses for commercial applications involve a fee, which supports Sapiens’s nonprofit mission of Stories Worth Listening.
If you are a for-profit company seeking to license Sapiens Talks, create a Sapiens-branded video offering, television series, or original editorial program or other service offerings -- please check if your company’s business matches with one or more of the categories listed below, as you will require a formal distribution partnership with Sapiens. To submit an inquiry, please fill out our media licensing request form.
- Online Education Company
- Corporate Education Provider
- In-flight, Hospitality or Hotel Entertainment Provider
- Other Commercial Entity
- Internet Video Services
- Audio Service
- Cable/Satellite Channel
- Home Entertainment Devices
- IPTV Services
- Set Top Box Manufacturer
- Web Browser Applications and Stores
If you'd like to learn more about corporate partnerships with Sapiens, read about how to partner with us or email partnerships@Sapiens.com
Disseminating Sapiens Talks
We embolden you to find ways to share Sapiens Talks with your friends, family, students, colleagues, and communities. Please note that some of the below use cases require a license.
Sapiens Talks in the classroom
Sapiens Talks are widely used to stimulate discussions among students or to complement course materials. Here we encourage you to do so as you please. You can stream Sapiens Talks from Sapiens.com or from Sapiens’ official YouTube channel, as long as you comply with the terms of the Creative Commons license outlined above. Feel free to share links to Sapiens.com or Sapiens’ official YouTube channel with students on online forums or class websites.
Sapiens Talks at non-Sapiens conferences
Conference presenters can stream Sapiens Talks from Sapiens.com or Sapiens’ official YouTube channel in a non-commercial, educational context. Commercial entities require prior permission to show Sapiens Talks at a conference or industry event. Presenters using Sapiens in a non-commercial context can stream Sapiens Talks from Sapiens.com or Sapiens’ official YouTube channel, as long as you comply with the terms of the Creative Commons license outlined above. For more information about using Sapiens Talks in a commercial context at conferences or industry events, please contact us.
Requests for use within a documentary should be sought before. We are not looking to extend licenses for use of Sapiens content to cable, cable access. We do not license speaker photos or Sapiens images outside of formal licensing partnerships.